Adding a ranged calculations attribute
Add a new ranged calculation attribute. From the Type drop-down, select ranged calculation. Select a roll-up type. Choose a display value. A ranged calculation attribute can be dimensioned.
To add a ranged calculation attribute
- From the application toolbar, click Setup, and then select Customization.
- Select the Attributes Setup tab.
- Select the Attributes tab.
- Click New.
- Name the new attribute. The system name will be generated automatically.
- From the Type drop-down, select ranged calculation.
- From the Rollup Type drop-down, select none (default, no roll-up) or sum (to add all of this attribute's direct descendent values). Ranged calculation attributes that use the sum roll-up type should only be used with a dependency. An attribute with a rollup type other than none will be saved as a global attribute.
- From the Display Value drop-down, select float, integer, money, or percent.
- Select Global to make the attribute a global attribute. A global attribute is required for all work item types and optional for any work type.
- Select Searchable to allow users in your organization to find this attribute using search.
- A calculated timephased attribute can be associated with dimensions. Under Dimensions, select Dimensioned and then choose the dimensions to which the attribute is associated. If you want to use a MathML calculation with the calculated timephased attribute, select Calculated and then click Calculation to open the Calculation Editor dialog box. Add the MathML calculation and click OK.
- Click Save.