Customization → User Synchronization → User Authentication Providers → Configuring Novell eDirectory authentication
Configuring Novell eDirectory authentication
Each user account set up uses an authentication provider to
facilitate user logon. By default, a pre-defined Application
authentication provider is included. Multiple authentication types are supported,
including those using the Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP) protocol. You can
use the Manage Providers dialog box to add, modify or remove an authentication
provider that uses Novell eDirectory.
To configure Novell eDirectory authentication
- In the desktop System Settings module, under Actions, click
- In the Manage Providers dialog box, click Add.
- In the Authentication Provider Name box, type a name.
- In the Authentication Type list, select NDS eDirectory.
- In the Server box, type the fully qualified distinguished name (FqDN) of the Novell eDirectory server, for example fully.qualified.serena.com.
- In the Domain/Filter box, type the Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP) query format for the
provider, for example (objectclass=user).
- For the fields in the Field Mapping group box (first name, last
name, email, and user name boxes), type the Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP) directory property that
contains the data that best matches the field name. The default values should
be correct in most cases for the Novell eDirectory Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP) provider.
- Under Connect As, enter a user name and password. This is used to
validate the provider settings. In Novell eDirectory, the user name must be a
fully qualified distinguished name (FqDN) with sufficient rights to execute the Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP)
filter on the directory services server.
- Click Apply. This will verify that Novell eDirectory is
present in the path specified, and that the Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP) query returns more than zero
users. There is no user validation.
- If you receive a "Server does not exist" error, modify the provider
properties and try again. If no errors return, close the Manage Providers
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.