Manage Users → Users → Adding a user
Adding a user
There are two ways to add users. You can import them from a
directory service such as Microsoft Active Directory or Novell eDirectory. The
other way to add users is one at a time from the Users tab of the Manage Users module.
To add a user
- From the top-level navigation, open the Admin module.
- Select Manage Users.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the Users tab.
- Click New .
- Under User Properties, enter the first and last name for the user,
their user name and their email address.
- Leave the Distinguished Name field empty. If your organization is
using a directory service to create user accounts, such as Microsoft Active Directory or Novell eDirectory, this field will contain the user's Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP)
distinguished name. For example: cn=grant
- From the Authentication Provider drop-down, select the provider
that will be used when this user logs on. In Password, type the
password for the user. Passwords are case-sensitive and must be at
least four characters long; blank passwords are not allowed. You do not need to
enter a password if your organization is using a directory service.
- Select Active to make this user available; only active
users can access the application and/or be available for selection.
- Select Send Email Notifications to allow the user to receive notifications by email.
- Under Global/Administrative Roles, select the security roles to
which you want to assign this user.
- Under Licenses, select the licenses to which this user is assigned.
All users must have a license assigned to them.
- Click Save .
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.