Adding a dependency to a project's summary view
Once the item dependency is configured for use on the Project item type, project managers can view and add dependencies on the item Summary view (Budget tab.) Existing dependencies, if any, are listed in the appropriate grid. Project managers can add dependency items and values to account for budget swapping instances.
To add dependencies to projects
- In the Projects module, select a project from the hierarchy, and then click Summary.
- On the Budget tab, click the New button for the appropriate dependency grid. The Dependency Creation dialog appears.
- Click Browse to select a dependent item (one from which or to which a budget swap is occurring.)
- In the Budget Transfer Effective Date box, select the date for the transfer.
- In the Percentage box, type a percentage for the budget reallocation. The corresponding dollar amount is calculated from this value.
- Click OK to add the new dependency.
- Click Apply.