Workspace → User Actions → Application Toolbar
The application toolbar features buttons that allow you to access your home page, send the current view as an email link, search data, access personal settings, open help for the current view, and log off. Also shown on this toolbar is the indication of any unread notifications. Clicking the notification button opens the Tools module's Notifications view.
It also displays the currently selected object, such as an item or resource team, and the current view, such as Allocations or Timegrid.
The arrow to the right of the currently displayed view provides access to the actions available for the selected module in a context menu. This is the same list of actions that appears when you right-click an item, datasheet, or resource team.
Access home page
You can access your home page from the Tools module.
To access your home page
- In the action pane, click Global Properties.
When you are finished working, you should log off.
To log off
- In the application toolbar, click Log Off.
Before you can access modules, views, and other features, you must first log on with your user name and password.
To log on
- In User Name, type your user name. This is often your organization's email address; for example, email@example.com.
- In Password, type your password.
- If there is more than one database available, use the Database drop-down box to select a database.
- Click Log On, or press ENTER on your keyboard. You will be required to change your password the first time you log on.
This feature lets you print views and other data. This will open the Print Preview dialog box from which you can print to a printer or to a PDF (.pdf) file.
To print application data
- In the application toolbar, click Print.
Send page as email
When you click the Send Link button on the application toolbar, an email message is generated that contains a link to the current view. Users who receive the link must have permission to view the location from which the link was sent.
To send a page as an email link
- From the page you want to send as an email link, in the application toolbar, click Send Link.
- The link will be available in the email message that opens. Any recipient of the
email message will need to have permission to view the page in Mariner 2008 from which
the email link is sent.
The Environment Information dialog box shows you the name of the current user, the name of the database to which you are connected, the database version, and when that database was last updated.
To view environment information
- In the action pane, select Environment Info from the drop-down.
You can navigate directly to your notifications (if you have any). An icon will appear in the application toolbar when you have one or more unread notifications.
To view notifications
- Click the Notifications icon in the action pane. This will take you directly to the My Notifications view.
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.