System Settings → Security → Application Security → Best Practices
There are many ways to approach application access and security role
definitions. The security framework is designed to provide the flexibility to
meet the specific application security needs of your organization. To help you
achieve a well conceived security model, consider the following best practices:
- Document your requirements for user access and application security.
Determine the level of granularity needed by your organization.
- Outline the security roles.
- Devise the licensing scheme that will match this setup.
- Define and create each security role and assign corresponding
- Ensure each security role has access to the appropriate dimensions.
- Create groups, and assign groups to security roles.
- Create users and then add them to appropriate groups.
- Assign users the appropriate licenses that match their security
If you assign a security role permission to edit the properties of a
work item in the work item hierarchy, that permission will be inherited by
all of that work item's children. It is possible to restrict
permission to edit an work item's children, but it is not possible to
restrict permission to view an work item's children.
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.