Projects → Workflow → Destinations
The Transition Properties dialog opens after you click Start or Properties in the Target column on the Transition tab in the Workflow tab. Use the Transition Properties page to define the destination for the item if the item's item type transition is approved, and the destination if the item type transition is rejected. You can also define the transition's expiration date, and add transition notes. Only the user that created a transition, or a user with administrator permissions for the Workflow view can access the Transition Properties page.
- Destination if approved Select the ellipses button to open the Select destination if approved page, and select where you want the item to be placed after the item's transition is approved.
- Destination if rejected Select the ellipses button to open the
Select destination if rejected page, and select where you want the item to be placed
after the item's transition is rejected. If the item should be automatically
archived if it is rejected, select an archive folder.
- Transition expiration Select the item's transition expiration date. If the transition has not been completed by the date selected in the Transition expiration box, the system automatically generates and sends a Transition Not Completed notification to the user that created the transition. The notification lets the user know that the transition has not been completed by the expiration date. The Transition expiration box is only used for tracking purposes, and does not require any follow-up action from transition approvers or the transition creator.
- Transition notes Type applicable transition notes in the Transition notes box. Transition notes are displayed for the item in the Notes column on the History tab in the Workflow tab.
- OK Click OK to save your changes and return to the Transition tab in the Workflow tab.
- Cancel Select this option to return to the Transition tab in the Workflow tab without saving your changes.
Editing the destination of a workflow transition
Workflow transition destinations are configured by an administrator; however, they can also be edited on a per-transition basis.
To edit the destination of a workflow
- Open the Projects module.
- Select an item.
- Select the Workflow tab.
- Select the Transition tab.
- Click a transition path and select Start.
- For the Destination if approved and Destination if
rejected fields, click the ellipsis button to browse for the
appropriate destination items. The
Destination projects dialog dialog lists every
you are authorized to view.
- Enter a word or phrase and click Search to display a list of
matches for your search criteria.
- To alternate between the tree view and the search results, click Show Item Hierarchy or Show Search Results, depending on
the current view.
- Select the location in the item tree under
which to unarchive the item.
- Click OK.
- In Transition Expiration, set an expiration date.
- Click Save.
Copyright © 2003–2011 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.