Tools → My Timesheet → Timesheet Details
The lower pane of the My Timesheet
tab is used to view timesheet details. By default, only your timesheet displays in the timesheet view. However, by selecting any assignment in the timesheet and clicking the Show details
button on the My Timesheet
tab toolbar, you can display the lower pane view. The lower pane of the timesheet view contains the following tabs:
- Comments Timesheet comments allow you to contribute to an online conversation about the timesheet.
- Details If detailed time entry is enabled for the item to which you are assigned, you can provide more granular time tracking information. The columns displayed in this tab are customizable by your administrator and may be different for each item type.
- Status The Status tab enables you to communicate with a project manager about estimates for start and finish dates, total and remaining work, and percent complete. You can improve performance in the My Timesheet view by closing the lower pane when it is not in use. To do so, click Close.
Right-click on a row in the timesheet table to open a shortcut menu and navigate to other views.
For example, right-click on a task assignment to open the Task
Details or Assignment Details. The view opens in
a read-only pop-up window. You can also right-click on an item (task or activity
based) to open the views for which you have permissions.
Adding detailed time to a timesheet
If detailed time entry is enabled for the item to which you are assigned, you can provide more granular time tracking information in the lower pane.
To add detailed time to your timesheet
- Open the Projects, Tools, or Resources modules.
- Select the Timesheets tab (if in the Projects or Resources modules) or My Timesheet views (if in the Tools module).
- In the Assignment column, select a task or activity.
- In the lower pane, select the Details tab.
- Click Add to create new detail entries.
- Enter time details as necessary. The information available in the timesheet detail is customizable and may be different for each item type.
- Click Submit.
Viewing the status of a timesheet
The status pane in a resource's timesheet displays the same Plan and Actual dimension information as shown in the project manger's view of the same timesheet, however, the Estimates information can be entered and modified by the resource. This is a way for the resource to communicate estimates for start and finish dates, total and remaining work, and percent complete. Timesheet status can be viewed from the My Timesheet tab in the Projects module.
To view the status of your timesheet
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Timesheet tab.
- Select a task or item.
- Select the Status tab.
Copyright © 2003–2011 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.