System Settings → Report Templates → System Reports → Project Status
This report shows shows the current status of a single project in your portfolio. This report has the following sections:
- Overview This section shows an overview of the project, including dates (target, planned, and actual), overall health, status (cost, labor, schedule, and scope), the name of the project manager, and the project sponsor.
- Project Issues This section shows any issues that have been identified by team members.
- Project Risks This section shows any risks that have been identified by team members.
- Project Schedule This section shows the dates (baseline, actual, plan, and status) for all phases of the project, such as Start, Design, Deploy, or Finish.
- Financial Plan Status Snapshot This section compares planned and actual labor costs, non-labor costs, and total costs for the project and shows the variance (and variance %) between them.
- Project Total Costs This section contains data (CapEx Labor, CapEx NonLabor, OpEx Labor, OpEx NonLabor, Total CapEx, Total OpEx and Total Costs) sorted by dimension (Actual, Baseline, Plan, and Target).
- Project Status This section contains a list of achievements for the current period plus a list of objectives for the next period.
Descriptions for the fields that are available in this report can be found in the following table.
The name of the resource who initially created the task, task plan, work item, and so on.
The date on which a task, task plan, work item, and so on, was created.
The name of the work item, log item, or discussion.
|Last Modified By
The user name of the person who made the most recent changes to the task, task plan, or work item.
|Last Modified On
The date on which the most recent changes were made to the task, task plan, or work item.
Adding a report that uses the Project Status Report report template
To add a report that uses the Project Status Report report template, open the New Report dialog box from the My Reports tab and then follow the steps below.
To add a report that uses the Project Status Report template
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Reports tab.
- Click New Report, select Investment, and then click OK.
- In the New Report dialog box, type a name for the report.
- On the General tab, from the Report Template drop-down, select Project Status Report, enter a description (optional), and indicate whether you want to run the report immediately (after you are finished creating it).
- Under Associate Report With, click the ellipses button and then use the Select Investments dialog box to identify the items that will be included in the report data.
- On the Schedule tab, select Run this report on a schedule if you want the report to be run on a periodic basis. Once selected, you can define how frequently you want the report to be run, the format in which the report will be presented, and how many previous instances of the report you want to store.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Recipients tab to select the users, security groups, and security roles who will receive a notification when this report is run. After you have chosen the recipients, click Add.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Template tab to define parameters for the email notification. You can define the title (as it will appear in the subject line). You can add the Timestamp and Report Name attributes into the title or the template (the message body). You can add a URL link into the message body that will allow any recipient to link directly to the report.
- When finished, click OK.
You can view the Project Status Report report directly after adding it by selecting the Run this report immediately option in the New Report dialog box. (Reports can also be run from the My Reports tab in the Tools module or the Reports tabs in the Projects module.)
There are no filter options for the Project Status Report. You should create a report for each project in your portfolio for which you want to use this report or you should use the Edit Report option to change the project from which report data is generated before viewing the report.
Copyright © 2003–2011 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.