Modules and Views → System Settings → Scheduled Services → Plug-ins
The Plug-ins tab lets you manage plug-ins that are included. Plug-ins are DLL files that can be used to process data, such as sending connector job notifications, recalculating range calculations, or cleaning up abandoned print jobs. Predefined plug-ins are included; additional plug-ins can be created by Serena Professional Services for your organization.
The following plug-ins are included:
- Clean Up Abandoned Print Jobs–Use this plug-in to clean up abandoned print jobs and temporary files from the database and file system. This plug-in is run by the Clean Up Abandoned Print Jobs scheduled service.
- Datasheet History–Use this plug-in to create and schedule datasheet snapshots in the Reports module.
- Post All Data–Use this plug-in to combine the Post Timesheet Data and Post Attribute Maps plug-ins. This plug-in is run by the Nightly Post Job scheduled service. This plug-in should be run during off-peak hours.
- Post Attribute Maps–Use this plug-in to consolidate timesheet data for task plans to the portfolio hierarchy using defined attribute maps. This plug-in can be run manually.
- Post Timesheet Data–Use this plug-in to consolidate approved timesheet actuals back into task plans. Actual hours and costs will be recalculated. All timesheet data submitted since the last time this plug-in was run is updated. This plug-in can be run manually.
- Recalculate Range Calculations–Use this plug-in to update all range calculations. Range calculations can change based on the system date; this plug-in forces all calculations to be updated to the current system date. This plug-in is run by the Nightly Recalculation of Range Calculations scheduled service. This job should be run nightly and at off-peak hours.
- Refresh Audit Tables for Agile Work Items–Use this plug-in to rebuild the audit tables for a work item (story, epic, and so on) if they get out of sync. This job should be run (manually) and only when Serena Support recommends it.
- Refresh Audit Tables for Investments–Use this plug-in to rebuild the audit tables for items (projects, programs, and so on) if they get out of sync. This job should be run (manually) and only when Serena Support recommends it.
- Reporting Master Job–Use this plug-in to determine what scheduled reports need to be run. This is the master job for scheduled reports and is set by default to be run every 15 minutes. This plug-in is run by the Reports Master scheduled service.
- Rollup Investment Hierarchy–Use this plug-in to force a roll-up of data within the work item hierarchy. The hierarchy will not be accessible during this time. This job should be run (manually) and only when Serena Support recommends it.
- Scheduled Notification Master Job–Use this plug-in to send a message to the notification processor to check if any scheduled notifications need to be run. This plug-in is set by default to be run every hour. This is the master job for scheduled notifications. This plug-in is run by the Notification Master scheduled service.
- Send Job Notifications–Use this plug-in to generate and send nightly email notifications for the execution status of a specific, scheduled service. Plug-in notifications are based on an XML configuration file.
- Send Workflow Notifications–Use this plug-in to generate and send reminder notifications for expired transitions in the Workflow tab in the Projects module. Workflow notifications are sent to the members of transition approval lists and to the individual who initiates a workflow transition. This plug-in is run by the Nightly Workflow Notifications scheduled service.
- Synchronize Users–Use this plug-in to synchronize users and resources with information from selected authentication providers, such as Active Directory or Lightweight Directory Access (LDAP). This plug-in may require the assistance of Serena Professional Services in order to ensure proper configuration.
- System Calendar Change–Use this plug-in to apply changes that have been made to the system calendar to all task plans. This plug-in should be run during off-peak hours. This plug-in is not used in Serena Project Portfolio Management.
Adding a plug-in
If you want to be able to schedule jobs for the plug-in, be sure to select the Can be Scheduled check box.
To add a plug in
- From the application toolbar, click Setup, and then select System Settings.
- Select the Scheduled Services tab.
- Select the Plug-ins tab.
- Click New.
- Name the new plug-in and provide a description.
- Enter the plug-in DLL file name that is provided to you by Serena Professional Services in the DLL Name box.
- Enter the plug-in class name that is provided to you by Serena Professional Services in the Class Name box.
- Select the Can be Scheduled check box to allow jobs to be scheduled against this plug-in using the Jobs tab in the Scheduled Services view.
- Click Save.