Adding a URL link attribute
A URL container allows you to display information that resides elsewhere inside of your project workspace. A URL container can point to any URL addressable content, including reports on other internal systems, such as those generated by SAP or by Serena Business Mashups, or content on external systems or the Internet. You can use more than one URL container, sharing them across projects or dedicating them to specific projects and/or specific views within a project.
For each unique URL container that you want to add to a view, you must first create a global URL link attribute. Then, in the View Designer tab, you can add that URL container to any view on which you want it to be accessible. Set the IsURLContainer property to True. The URL shown in the URL container is specified by the user at run-time.
- From the application toolbar, click Setup, and then select Customization.
- Select the Attributes Setup tab.
- Select the Attributes tab.
- Click New.
- Name the new attribute. The system name will be generated automatically.
- From the Type drop-down, select URL link.
- Select Global to make the attribute a global attribute. A global attribute is required for all work item types and optional for any work type.
- Click Save.